I am currently setting up an php website instance in AWS elastic beanstalk and ran into some problems with the php_error.log from php. Here are my steps to solve.
- Get SSH access to your instance
- First create the log file $ sudo touch /var/log/php-error.log
- Next edit php ini $ sudo vim /etc/php.ini
- search for error_log ( esc : / error_log ) and change it to – error_log = /var/log/php-error.log
- sudo chown -R elasticbeanstalk:elasticbeanstalk /var/log/php-error.log
- sudo service httpd restart
That should get your php error log working! To test $ tail -f /var/log/php-error.log . Now load a page with a error_log(‘what ok’);
To figure out what user your httpd is running under find this file and search for /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and find “User”.